Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Patriotism

I was looking at the flag we have flown on our trailer for a couple of years and saw that it was looking a little worn. more I looked ,the more I started to think about the great country that we are so privileged to travel in.  As you have seen in the last post, we took a trip with Jessica to San Antonio last week.  I love the Riverwalk and the boat ride and the restaurants.  The other place I like there is the Alamo...... Alamo and Texas are amazing places. 200 or so people died here fighting for a freedom we take for granted.  It is a place in the USA that you can see and feel that people gave their lives for freedom.  Texas seems to feel and show and remember patriotism more than any other place we have been.  Everywhere we go we see the American flag and the Texas state flag.  In San Antonio around the Alamo no buildings can be built that cast a shadow on it.  Since 1905,  The Daughters of the Republic of  Texas have been entrusted with the care and maintenance of the Alamo with no money coming from state, local or federal governments.  All monies come from the gift shop and donations. What an amazing way to show respect for the sacrifices the people made.  As some of you know Jan and I do not own a tv so we get our news from the internet and more and more I am getting frustrated with our president apologizing for our country.  Jan is on Facebook and she has received posts from many people, and one was a video by Rush Limbaugh(some of you may not like him, but you need to watch this video. What Obama (truely) inherits! Jan also found this website..renewamerica   that I think we all should look at and check out. This cornerstone is on the Masonic temple in San Antonio.  I think we all have to look at going back to educating our kids and taking care of  our family, friends and neighbors and not asking for handouts and loans from the government.  I am also going to post some other links at the side of the blog if anyone would be interested








2 comments:

  1. WOW...what an adventure! I came over from Vanilla's blog. I have joined to follow and look forward to getting to know you guys and reading about your adventures.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Andrea,
    Hopefully we will soon post about a truck show we just did'
    Headed to an Escapees rally today

    ReplyDelete